Friday, September 25, 2009

August 20th, 2009


So, I am finally in a room at the hospital, and thought that I was going to sleep. I am unsure what the logic is on the nurse coming into the room every 30 minutes, turning on the overhead light and asking me if I am sleeping. What did she think I was doing, baking a cake, making a grocery list, completing the NY Times puzzle? Of course, I WAS, sleeping untill she flipped the light on and scared the be-geezus out of me.

After she left the room, angry I am sure from my scoulding, I took two xanix which I snuck in to the hospital in my backpack and finally went to sleep.

At 4am a nurse flips on the light and says "Lab's". I was dazed a bit and slowly opened up my eyes. I am not sure where she got her training, but she was not able to hit a vein to save her life. She took a few vials of blood and then I was back to sleep. I think the nurse on the floor that night was scared, because she never did return to see if I was sleeping.

The next three days were more torture with more blood drawn and lack of a nurse when one was needed. Hospital care is far below standard and I do not look forward to having another stay anytime soon.

Sunday the 20th, I was released from the hospital and able to return home to my own bed, my piles of emails, and all social network sites behind and in need of updating... does the ever ending road come to an end? Guess only time will tell...

xoxo D

No comments:

Post a Comment